This is a flavourful stir fry that takes only a few minutes to make. It’s quite spicy, but when accompanied with rice, I think it’s much easier to handle even for the spice novice. The colours just pop and make this dish present really well. Other than being a visual treat, it’s a dish that’ll make an impact on your sense of smell. You’ll be eating with your nose before you even had a chance to see it. Let’s get started.
Spicy Thai Chicken Stir Fry – Recipe
- 8-10 fresh red chilies, sliced
- 10–12 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut lengthwise and finely sliced with the grain
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 tsp. soy sauce
- 1 tsp. fish sauce
- ½ tsp. sugar
- ½ white onion, sliced
- 2 green onions, cut diagonally into long pieces
- 2 Tbsp. chicken stock
- ½ cup Thai basil, leaves picked over
- In a blender or food processor, add the fresh red chilies and garlic, with 1 Tbsp. of chicken stock and blend to a coarse paste.
- Heat oil on high in a heavy bottom, non-stick pan, add the coarse paste and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and stir fry for a few minutes until opaque. Add the oyster sauce, soy sauce and fish sauce, onion, green onion, chicken stock and continue to stir fry until chicken is cooked through, 3 – 5 minutes.
- Season with sugar to balance out the spiciness. Add Thai basil leaves, stir through and turn off heat.
Dish out and serve topped with extra sliced fresh red chilies with a side of white rice and fried egg. It’ll present really well and taste absolutely delicious.