This is probably one of the fastest and easiest dishes to make. It doesn’t require too many ingredients, it’s healthy and it tastes great. Also, unlike many okra recipes that call for a lot of oil or frying, this is light and green. Let’s get started.
Sautéed Okra – The Healthy Way – Recipe
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 2 cups okra, cut into 1” pieces
- ½ plum tomato, chopped
- ½ red onion, chopped
- 1 green chili, chopped
- Few curry leaves
- ¼ tsp. turmeric
- Salt, to taste
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. pepper
- Heat oil on medium in a non-stick pan; add okra, tomato, onion, chili, curry leaves, turmeric and salt and sauté 1 minute.
- Cover and cook until okra is tender, 5 minutes. Turn off heat, add milk and stir to combine.
- Add ground cumin and pepper and toss to combine.
- Serve with cooked rice and a spicy relish or pickle.
That’s it! This is such a quick, healthy and tasty dish that’s easy to make. You can serve it as the highlight of the meal with rice on the side or as part of a South Indian style thali meal with an ensemble of other curries, rice, pickles and chutneys.