There’s something comforting about potatoes. Both mashed potatoes and potato salads are classic comfort foods. This jalapeno jack potato recipe combines the best of both worlds in a mouth-watering, spicy, cheesy, warm potato salad. Let’s get started.
Jalapeno Jack Potatoes – Recipe
- 3 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 cup Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 jalapenos, sliced thin
- ½ cup red onions, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large pot with a lid, add potatoes and enough water to cover. Season liberally with salt, cover and cook over medium-high heat until potatoes are tender, but not fully cooked. You don’t want mushy potatoes.
- Strain potatoes and add them into a large microwave safe bowl and toss with salt, pepper, sour cream, half the jalapenos and half the onions. Add Monterey jack cheese on top, cover bowl and set aside until cheese melts, 5 minutes. If cheese isn’t completely melted, place bowl, covered, in the microwave for a few seconds.
Remove to a serving bowl, season with more salt and pepper if necessary. Top with remaining thinly sliced jalapenos and onions and serve warm. This makes for a great side dish to go with roast chicken or roast turkey. Forego mashed potatoes this Holiday season and serve spicy, cheesy, Jalapeno Jack Potatoes instead to your guests!