I love shooters of all kind. They’re miniature works of art and absolutely delicious. Cheesecake shooters are one of my favourites and this non-alcoholic version can be enjoyed by the whole family. This is a super easy, festive, chic, scrumptious shooter. It’s so sweet-savory, creamy with a nice tang provided by the berry topping that when I get to the bottom, I can’t wait to grab another one. It’s great for parties, BBQs, potlucks and best of all people of all ages can enjoy them year-round. This amazing recipe is adapted from The Pioneer Woman and made 40% less in calories for a guilt free dessert! Let’s get started.
Cheesecake Shooters – Recipe
- ½ cup of graham cracker crumbs (or 8 whole graham crackers, crushed to a smooth powder)
- 2 Tbsp. melted margarine, melted
- 2 tubs of low fat cream cheese spread, good quality*
- 1/2 to 1 can sweetened condensed milk, good quality
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 can pie filling of your choice (I love raspberry filling, but you can also use blueberry. Or use mango pulp with chopped jack fruit for a tropical twist)
- 4 squares of Lindt white chocolate with strawberries, crushed (optional)
- Stand mixer, eggbeater or whisk
- Piping bag or large plastic bag
- 20 small shot glasses
- 20 small spoons
In honour of The Pioneer Woman, here’s an image of the ingredients.
- In a bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs with melted margarine until coarse crumbs are formed. Press 1 – 2 tsp. of it into each shot glass, set aside.
- In a large bowl, empty out cream cheese spread and beat on low speed until more pliable.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and vanilla extract and continue beating until so silky smooth it glistens, less than 1 minute.
- Scoop into piping bag or plastic bag and snip corner and pipe equal portions of the cream cheese mixture into each shot glass until about ¾ of the way full.
- Top up cream cheese mixture with a spoonful of pie filling, sprinkle a little bit of the crushed Lindt white chocolate with strawberries on to each and chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Serve with small spoons tucked into each and watch them disappear in no time. It’s time to party!
1. I prefer cream cheese spread over brick cream cheese for this recipe. It’s much easier to handle, no need to thaw at room temperature and I happen to like the lighter consistency it provides as it’s a shooter, after all.
2. Light cream cheese is perfectly acceptable for this recipe. I highly recommend it over regular cream cheese as it has 40% less calories so it’s a win all around.
3. I only used 1/2 a can of condensed milk as I do not like it too sweet. Two tubs of light cream cheese filling to 1/2 can of condensed milk provided the perfect balance of sweet and savory for me, but you can adjust it to your taste.
4. The Lindt white chocolate with strawberries is optional, but it’s one of my favourite chocolates and provides the perfect crunch to this smooth shooter.
5. The piping bag or plastic bag makes it easier to get the cream cheese mixture into the shot glasses easily and without much mess.
6. Use elegant glass shot glasses for chic cocktail parties and plastic shot glasses for bbqs for easy cleanup.