These cupcakes taste so balanced, so nuanced and so amazingly delicious and satisfying that you’ll never even be able to tell that these are eggless. That’s what makes this the best. It’s a malted milkshake in cupcake form. The malted milk powder in combination with the cocoa powder make this recipe very robust in flavour, but still remains so moist and soft and delicate in texture. It’s the perfect combination of taste and texture and all in small delectable packages! Let’s get started.
Eggless Chocolate Malt (Milo) Cupcakes – Recipe
Adapted from Chow
- 2 cups malted milk powder, sifted (use chocolate malt powder like Milo)
- 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 Tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup yogurt, plain
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup milk
- 1 batch condensed milk buttercream, to frost (or other sweet icing of choice)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line two 12 cup muffin tins with cupcake liners.
- Add first 5 ingredients into bowl and mix until well combined and free of any lumps. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (using paddle attachment) or large bowl if using an egg beater, add sugar, yogurt, oil and vanilla extract and beat on low until well combined and smooth.
- Add a third of the flour mixture and third of the milk and continue to beat on low until well combined. Repeat until all the flour mixture and milk are used up.
- Increase speed to medium and beat until smooth, 2 minutes.
- Ladle batter into each cupcake liner until about 2/3 full. Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the centre of a cupcake comes out clean.
To serve, let cupcakes cool and then remove them from muffin tin. Frost with condensed milk buttercream and enjoy. Easy, quick, eggless chocolate malt (Milo) cupcakes are ready. You won’t be able to resist these little tasty treats.