This recipe combines the best of two different worlds in order to make one of the most spectacular and delicious desserts you’ll taste. The flavour and richness of cheesecake is married with the decadence and romance of strawberries and cream in order to make the perfect Valentines Day treat for your sweetheart. It sounds complex and time-consuming, but it’s absolutely not. Ir takes less than half an hour to whip up, requires no cooking, no baking, no ice cream maker and your freezer will do the rest so there’s no excuse to slack off this Valentines Day! Impress your loved one, friends, family or yourself with this incredibly elegant, amazingly luscious, beautifully coloured, absolutely delicious strawberry cheesecake ice cream. Let’s get started.
Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream – Recipe
- 1 ½ cups whipping cream
- 1 tub light strawberry cream cheese spread (substitute regular cream cheese spread if you can’t find)
- 1/3 – 1 can condensed milk, according to taste*
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 dollops sour cream
- 7 digestive biscuits or graham crackers, broken into small pieces
- 1 can strawberry pie filling
*Some people like their cheesecake on the savoury side and some people like it on the sweet side so decide on which extreme you want to go or settle for a medium sweetness.
- In a large bowl, add light strawberry cream cheese and whip with fork until smooth and creamy. Add condensed milk, lemon juice and sour cream and mix until well combined. Set aside.
- Add cream to the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment and whisk on medium-high (gradually) until soft peaks start to form, 1 minute. Alternatively, whisk with egg beater until soft peaks form.
- Fold cream cheese mixture into the whipped cream gently until well combined.
- Add in the digestive biscuits or graham cracker pieces and fold in.
- Add he strawberry pie filling and gently incorporate, but do not mix. Strawberry pie filling should make swirls in the cream cheese/whipped cream mixture.
- Transfer to a freezer-safe bowl, cover and freeze for 4 – 6 hours, taking it out to rewhip with a whisk every hour and a half to keep ice crystals from forming.
Serve with extra biscuits and strawberry syrup for a touch of pizzaz. The colour, the taste, the texture, the presentation all loudly proclaim romance.