This shrimp angel hair pasta is my go to pasta recipe. It’s simple and easy to make and tastes so delicious that it’ll be a staple on your menu as well. The tomato sauce is absolutely delectable: the tomato flavor isn’t overpowering, but is balanced by the garlic, basil and olive oil! It’s light and is even tastier with a little bit of pesto. Let’s get started.
Shrimp Angel Hair Pasta – Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- ½ cup white wine (substitute chicken broth or water)
- 2 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. basil, chopped (more for garnish)
- 25 shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Salt, to taste
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- 2 Tbsp. pesto, divided (optional)
- Heat a large pot over medium-high, add enough water to fill it 2/3 of the way, salt to taste and 1 Tbsp. olive oil and bring to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook until al dente. Strain and set aside.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat remaining olive oil in a large, heavy-bottom pan over medium heat, add garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, wine, parsley and basil and combine. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it comes to a boil, 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and continue cooking until shrimp is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes. Add salt to taste lemon juice and stir until combined and turn off heat.
To serve, divide pasta between four plates, spoon the sauce over, drop small portions of pesto on top and garnish with more basil (if desired). For a complete meal, serve with a simple side salad and a slice of garlic (or cheese-garlic) bread.