This restaurant favourite is definitely delicious and caters to all my comfort food craving taste buds. There’s only one trick to making nachos at home: keeping the chips crispy! The best way to achieve this is to not add anything liquid or comprising a high water content while baking the nachos. Those can be added fresh prior to serving. Let’s get started.
- 1 bag of good quality, thick corn chips
- ¼ red onion, diced
- ½ cup kernel corn, cooked (or use equivalent amount from the can)
- 1/3 cup pickled jalapenos, drained (if you want it really spicy use fresh sliced jalapenos)
- 1 cup cooked shredded or diced chicken breast
- 2 – 2 ½ cups of Tex-Mex cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Sour cream (optional)
- Salsa (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a large baking tray with aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Arrange the chips on the baking tray in a single layer. Top with onions, corn, pickled or fresh sliced jalapenos and chicken.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top evenly until well covered. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until cheese starts to bubble.
- Turn off oven, remove the nachos and sprinkle with the tomatoes and green onions.
Serve right away with a side of sour cream or salsa if desired. You can serve right off the baking tray or if you want you can carefully remove the nachos to a serving plate prior to serving. For a complete Mexican meal, try the White Chicken Enchiladas.